Release notes 2019
Monthly updates on new enhancements and features that have been released.
What's new in May 2019?
Rebranding and product name changes
ACL Services is now Galvanize, and our cloud-based platform, ACL GRC, is now called HighBond. For more information, see We rebranded.
Features and enhancements
Better ways to manage users, the ability to insert images in any rich text field in Projects, redesigned emails, and more.
- Sharing projects and frameworks Share projects and frameworks with individual users and user groups so that you can collaborate and communicate meaningful insights. Learn more >
- Insert images in rich text fields Add visual content directly within any rich text field in Projects or Mission Control to ensure your workpapers are thorough and succinct. Learn more >
Redesigned and simplified emails We have refreshed the design and content of our system emails, making them simpler and easier to act on.
If you have specified a logo for your organization in Launchpad, the logo now displays in the footer of all system email notifications, which helps users identify that the notifications are from a legitimate source. Learn more >
- Issue sign-offs Easily sign off throughout the issue lifecycle (identification, remediation plan, and retest) to indicate that the appropriate reviews happened at each stage. You can also centrally view all issue sign-off statuses in your issues list. Learn more >
The updated HighBond mobile app for iOS 5.5 includes:
- Visual updates associated with our rebranded company and platform, including new logos and names. (MOBDEV-2771 and MOBDEV-2772)
- The ability to view and remove images inserted in rich text fields. (MOBDEV-2779)
The following customer reported issues have also been resolved:
- Unlinking risks and controls does not work. (MOBDEV-2647)
- Error message displays when creating a request and leaving the Contact Email field blank. (MOBDEV-1590)
- Difficult to see table headers as font color and background color is very similar. (MOBDEV-2786)
The updated HighBond mobile app for Android 2.4 includes:
- Visual updates associated with our rebranded company and platform, including new logos and names. (ANDROID-397 and ANDROID-398)
- The ability to view and remove images inserted in rich text fields. (ANDROID-404)
The following customer reported issues have also been resolved:
- Text is being duplicated when editing information within rich text fields. (ANDROID-411)
- A previously viewed planning overview page opens when you edit the planning overview for a different project. (ANDROID-412)
- Text typed into fields is not being display when creating a new project item. (ANDROID-414)
- Mobile app requests permission to access Phone and Device ID & Call Information. (ANDROID-402)
New custom planning attribute fields, additional context for action owners, and more.
- Custom planning attributes Define up to five custom planning attribute fields for your project tracking and reporting purposes. Learn more >
- Additional context for action owners Provide issue and remediation details to action owners, without granting them access to the project itself. Learn more >
- Contributor Tester role Users assigned the Contributor Tester role can now sign off as a preparer, detail reviewer, or general reviewer. Learn more >
Associate controls with your narratives, create in-line to-dos, report on new customizable fields, and more.
- Narratives Reference controls in narratives to provide additional context to internal stakeholders. Learn more >
- To-dos Create in-line to-dos using Citation Mode to provide coaching notes and ensure your reports are conveyed with the appropriate tone, details, facts, and positioning. Learn more >
- Custom issue date fields Accurately track when remediation and retest takes place, and quickly understand of how much time it takes to remediate and retest, using the new customizable fields:
- Remediation Deadline
- Actual Remediation Date
- Retest Deadline Date
- Actual Retest Date
New role Assign control owners that are responsible for control testing the Contributor Tester role.
Users assigned the Contributor Tester role have the same permissions as Contributor Users, with the addition of read and write access to walkthroughs and tests they own in Projects and Mission Control.
Mission Control Frontline staff can now evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of controls, view test plans, and easily access critical information about controls. Learn more >
- Assurance planning
- Additional data types for custom fields Custom attribute fields for risks, controls, and issues can now be specified as short answers (text), dropdowns, multiple choice, dates, or paragraphs (rich text). Learn more >
- Assessment surveys Additional Projects fields are now captured as contextual data in the questionnaire and table in Results. Learn more >
New custom action attributes and the ability to rollforward projects in an assurance plan.
Enhancements to scheduling projects, assurance planning, and more.
- Add planning files, objectives, and results files directly from the Scheduler to build out your projects.
- View all projects by fiscal quarter or fiscal year.
- Filter by collaborator to view a team member's workload across multiple ongoing projects.
- The timeline start now defaults to the current day of the previous month.
- Download an assurance plan report in .docx or .pdf format to share with stakeholders.
- View a complete history of changes to an assurance plan.
- View each project's status and allocated hours in an assurance plan.
- To-dos Navigate to the source page where a to-do was created by clicking the link under the Source column in Task Tracker. Learn more >
- Linking evidence from Results If you previously linked a table or a metric to your workpapers in Projects, and archived the collection in Results where the table or metric is located, the table or metric is now protected in a read-only state. No data can be added or changed. Learn more >
- Assessment surveys If you previously set up an assessment survey in Projects, and archived the collection in Results where the survey is located, the assessment survey is disabled. To re-enable the assessment survey, you can unarchive the Results collection and re-send the assessment survey from Projects. Learn more >
- Control performance When you rollforward a project that has control performance enabled, the new linked Results collection now contains descriptive information copied over from the previously linked Results collection. Learn more >
- Deleting projects To delete a project, you must now type the name of the project to confirm the action. Learn more >
Looking for last year's release notes?